Become involved with the Syrian Assembly of Manitoba (SAM) which has and continues to organize the following activities.
- Fundraising dinners for Syrian refugees
- Educational panels at community events
- Flash mobs
- Rallies and vigils to draw attention to the ongoing human rights violations
In our effort to assist refugees and newcomers, SAM cooperates with local organization including Manitoba Interfaith Immigration Council (MIIC), Immigrant and Refugee Community Organization of Manitoba (IRCOM), New Journey Housing, the Canadian Lutheran World Relief We also provide services to best of our ability in the following:
- Supplemental English Language Classes
- Transportation Services
- Babysitting Services
- Introduction to banking and local financial services
- Grocery Workshops
- Academic and Career Counseling
- Interpretation and Translation Services
- Family Buddy System
- Kids Activities and Playdates
- Counseling Services
- Canada 101 Classes
- Introduction to Local Community
- Jacket and Boots Donations
- Driving Classes
- Introduction to Manitoba Health
The war being carried out by the illegitimate and dictatorial Syrian regime is being waged on two fronts:
- The physical massacre and torture of innocent civilians
- The propaganda and misinformation being spread both inside the country and abroad.
Your collective voices are needed to maintain and increase international pressure on the ruling regime as well as to combat the misinformation being propagated by them.
Write to the media calling for increased attention to the human rights violations committed by the ruling power.
Call or write to your Member of Parliament urging them to take a stronger stance in support of the Syrian people, and to condemn the current bloodthirsty Syrian government
Add your voice to the growing groundswell of support for the people of Syria on social media such as Facebook or Twitter, or personal blogs. Innocent women, men, and children are being tortured and killed. This must remain at the forefront of our collective consciousness.
Donate to humanitarian efforts
Growing groundswell of support for the people of Syria on social media such as Facebook or Twitter, or personal blogs. Innocent women, men, and children are being tortured and killed. This must remain at the forefront of our collective consciousness
Confront Regime Propagandists
Confront people who are aiding the spread of the regime’s narrative and misinformation…It is imperative that we are aware of the reality of what is taking place in Syria and we communicate the facts here. We must challenge those who are trying to twist reality.